Capital Nursing Education Overview
Capital Nursing Education was formed in February 2012 to provide nursing education on the topics of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Care. We are organized as an LLC: Kathy Ellis and Bill Ginther are equal partners of the LLC.
CNE was founded by Kathy and Bill out of desire to utilize their skill set in wound ostomy and continence care. As well as recognizing the need for informative education programs in the clinical areas of wound ostomy and continence care for Registered Nursing and other allied nursing professionals.
Kathy and Bill were employed in the healthcare industry specializing in wound, ostomy and continence products as manufacturer sales representatives for over 20 years each.
Bill and Kathy have had experience in program presentation through their company affiliations, as well as supporting the Sacramento Valley Wound Ostomy Continence Practitioners Association in many of their Education programs held in Sacramento.
Mary Sears, RN, BSN, CWOCN
- Cosler School of E.T. Nursing at the University of Southern California in 1978.
- Clinical Resource Specialist for the Northwest USA-ConvaTec Inc 2009-2011
- Wound Care Specialist for Northwest USA-TYCO-Kendall Healthcare 2002-2008.
- President of the Pacific Coast Region of the Wound Ostomy Continence Nurses Society, 1996-2000.
- PCR - ET Nurse of the Year - 1994
- PCR-President’s Award for Excellence - 2001
- PCR-Mentor of the Year - 2004
Jeff Souza RN, BSN, WOCN
- Jeff became a board certified WOCN in 1983 after attending the Cosler School at the University of Southern California.
- He is a speaker, author and advocate for home and community medical care.
- With over 30 years of experience in the dynamic healthcare environment he brings the creativity needed to deliver services throughout the changing healthcare market.
- Currently, Jeff is enrolled at the Samuel Merritt University, School of Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioners Masters program.
Barbara E. West, RN, MSN, CWOCN
- Barbara earned her Masters of Nursing at Yale University, New Haven Connecticut in 1993.
- Barbara attended Emory University, Atlanta Georgia to receive her Wound Ostomy Continence Certification in 2011.
- She has has held several positions within the Kaiser Organization, Northern California since 2014. Barbara has worked at the Kaiser Vacaville, Morse Ave. and South Sacramento in-patient facilities performing full-scope ostomy and wound care.
- She is currently at Morse Ave Kaiser, preforming foot and nail care in the Ortho-Podiatry wound clinic.
- Her current home base is the Morse Avenue Surgery Clinic and she enjoys learning from other wound/ostomy nurses, physicians, P.A.’s, and patients in all these settings.
- Barbara has 12 years’ experience in hospice and is consulting as a WOCN for hospice.
- Her experience in home health includes work with patients of all ages for UC Davis Medical Center and Sutter Medical.
- During her time at Sutter she had the privilege of caring for some of the same patients in all three settings: home care, outpatient and acute.
Ann T. Wright, RN, CWOCN, CNS
- University of California ET Nursing Education Program, 1996.
- Clinical Instructor, Nursing and Allied Health at Antelope Valley College from 1991 to 2002.
- Clinical Director, Center for Wound Care; Lancaster Community Hospital.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist – Wound and Ostomy Services at Antelope Valley Hospital
- The “Sacral Heart” Dressing Study: Use of An Absorbent Silicone Self-Adherent Foam Dressing Across Acute Care Settings.
Mary Anne Dilloway, RN, BS, PHN, CWOCN, LNC
- Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta Georgia, WOCN 1996
- Currently; Wound Care Coordinator, Rady Children’s Hospital, San Diego, CA
- Senior Clinical Consultant, 3M Skin Health Division; 1998 – 2010
- National known speaker on topics Pressure Ulcer Prevention; Wound Care Protocols; Skin: The Essential Organ
Kelly Sparks, RN, BSN, CWOCN, CFCN
- Attended MD Anderson WOCN program, 1995
- Earned BSN from California State University, Dominguez Hills
- Member of the Item Writer team for the Exam Committee of the WOC Certification Board
- Served two terms as Communication Coordinator of the Pacific Coast Region of the WOCN Nursing Society
- Currently employed at Mercy San Juan Medical Center, Sacramento CA
Our Mission Statement
Capital Nursing Education is to provide education to healthcare providers on the topics of wound, ostomy and continence care. We will collaborate with the Wound Ostomy Continence Nurses Society, the Pacific Coast Region of the WOCN organization and the Sacramento Valley Wound Ostomy Continence Practitioner Association and industry leaders on education opportunities.
Our Vision Statement
Capital Nursing Education is a recognized and respected leader in providing and advocating education for wound, ostomy and continence healthcare providers.